Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Everyone made a blog in 15 minutes, wow!

I really enjoyed our first class meeting and I am so intrigued by the diversity in our class -- I mean we have freshman in their first college class EVER and seniors, people from all different kinds of majors, people into books, others into football. This is going to be an interesting group of people to come to know better!

I just visited everyone's blog and several people have already found poetry and figured out how to make links to it. The idea is to also write on your blog about why you like the poem -- and to push yourself to look at details, to read the poem carefully, find its mysteries that you still don't know how to solve and bring them to us.

I bet in class tomorrow we will hear about some most interesting poems. I wonder what each of you are thinking about this class so far? Any comments??

3 Comments:

Blogger Alicia said...

Allen, I am really enjoying this class so far. It is different from my usual lectures in the business college, which is a nice change. I like the blog part of the class because each of us had the opportunity to express ourselves and our choice of poetry in our own individual ways.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

I think this class is going to be very interesting. I really like how there isn't a lot of teacher lecture and student listen...all of my other classes are just like that and i dont feel that students can fully understand what they are being taught if they cannot respond, give comments or ask questions. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to have a unique learning experience!

2:04 PM  
Blogger Meghan said...

I'm so glad to be in this class, and I feel especially lucky because it was my first college class ever. What an amazing experience. This class is nothing like what I expected college to be, and I am really enjoying it thus far. Using the blogs is such a good way for everyone to get to know each other through their insight into poetry. I'm excited to see how the rest of the semester goes.

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home