Wednesday, September 13, 2006

A Keats Kick

Ok, so after reading "Autumn" in class, and then reading on Rachel's blog a creepy Keat's poem, "Le belle damn sans merci," I am started on a Keats kick. Someone asked me the other day in class if I liked "Keats"? Well, what do you say to THAT? Keats' kick, I say! From "truth is beauty" to zombies, it would seem after reading Rachel's favorite Keats.

Any of you read Keats famous odes? How about, Ode on a Grecian Urn? That might be a good one for some class analysis.

Now comes a professor who does analyze that poem in class. What does he do? He teaches students to "deform" it! Take a look at Mr. Jeffery Robinson's approach to the immortal Keats and see what you think! One of his student's writes:
  • I slowly crushed the piece into different shapes. I broke it down and built it up again. I RETURN, RETURN, DELETE, DELETE, DELETED. Up and down the words skipped, lines jumping and leaping all over the computer screen trampoline.
Is this anyway to treat great poetry?? I was talking about being on a Keats' kick, not kicking Keats! Not cutting and pasting Keats! Hypertexting him even. Who would dare do that?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home