Monday, September 18, 2006

Playing with Someone Else's Poem!

"Don't write in your book!" Didn't your teachers tell you that? And, when it comes to poetry, the author was the master, a genius, and it was up to us to figure out WHY he or she wrote it that way. Reading was not about challenging works of art, but appreciating them. Of course, not to deface them. No mustaches painted on the Mona Lisa, for heaven's sake!

Well, now we are kicking Keats around! So I add in my kicks.

Heaven?

happy
happy
happy
happy

flowery
sweetly
maidens
ecstasy

forever
forever
forever
forever

unravished
unheard
unweari-ed
desolate
silent form


Keats on Mountain Climbing

Mountain breathing is a cold panting,
Bare trees, far above all town folk
What is the mad pursuit?

Keats comes out pretty reduced in the two little games I play with him. I must be the first to use Keats to write about mountains, but then I love mountains, and mountain climbing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home