Saturday, October 14, 2006

Support the Troops

I just read a very interesting article in the New York Times about "A Soldier Who Hoped to Do Good." It talks about a young man who seems like a very upright person, but who decided, after his first tour in Iraq that it would be against his morality to return. I also just came across a site Veterans for America which looks at the effect of the war on American troops. I have also been reading Military Blogs, such as Milblogging.com -- today's post had YouTube footage from an ambush, this morning I guess. Brings the war right to your screen. I think the best military blogs I have seen were linked to aapavatar.net. I hope all of you find good sites to understand the war, part of that, of course, is understanding what the war is like from an American soldier's point of view.

How better to "support the troops" than to find out what the war is like from their perspective. "Supporting the troops" also means understanding the war more generally, finding out its causes, its effects on the people in Iraq and in the world and determining best how to END it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home